Over the past few weeks Paolo has been busy cooking and baking up a storm whilst working from home. This is one of his favourite recipes: Torte di Ricotta e Limone / Ricotta & Lemon Tart.
You will need:
- 250g Ricotta Cheese
- 150g Sugar
- 200g Self-raising flour
- 2 Large eggs (separate yolks from whites)
- 80g Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla essence
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Butter a 9.5″ cake ring and set aside.
- Stir together the ricotta and sugar.
- Slowly, spoon in the butter, egg yolks, flour, lemon zest & juice and the vanilla essence. Mix well!
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites to a stiff peak and incorporate slowly to the mixture.
- Spoon into the cake ring and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Leave to cool before removing the cake from the ring tin.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and decorate with a few sprigs of mint!
We would love to see your versions! Use #paolostable on Instagram and tag @paolomoschino or @nicholashaslam.com. Bon appetit!